Connecting a driver and RFID number
In order to link a driver to their RFID number, the driver should log on (press their RFID card/tag against the ‘PRESS’ button) to a vehicle with their unconnected RFID card/tag. (If they are not completing a trip, they can log off by pressing the blue X button.)
The administrator can then connect the RFID number to the driver by selecting ‘RFID Log’ from the ‘Triplog’ main menu and generating a report.
The example report shows that a driver logged on to a vehicle with the registration number ‘LN16JZL’ on the 16.02.2018. The ‘Event‘ column displays the unassigned RFID number.
To link the RFID number to the driver, click on that row and a pop-up window will appear. From the drop-down menu, select the driver who logged on and press OK.
That driver and RFID number are now connected in the system.
Repeat this process for all drivers.
Trip without a driver
If vehicle movement is detected, the reader will remind drivers to log on with a beep. A driver can log on for up to 2 minutes after the trip is complete.
If a driver forgets to log on to a vehicle, a ‘Trip without driver’ notification will appear under the ‘Notifications’ menu. This notification should be handled to ensure your fleet remains tax compliant. To do that, the administrator should navigate to ‘Trips’ under the ‘Triplog’ menu. First select the desired period, and from the filter options, add the ‘Only trips without driver’ filter. The generated report will list all trips without a driver. Clicking on and trip will bring a pop-up window where you can add the driver from the drop-down under the ‘Driver ID’ heading. Repeat this for all trips in the list.
Finally, remember to ‘Mark as handled’ the original notification within the ‘Notifications’ menu.
How to log on using the ABAX Triplog app
- Open the App Store or Google Play
- Search and download the “ABAX Triplog” app
- Enter your username and password – they will be the same as your main login.
- Note: If your username or password is unknown, your administrator can send a reminder by SMS
- Choose ‘Settings’ from the menu bar
- Choose ‘Select Vehicle’.
- Note: iPhone users may be prompted to turn on location services – you can do this from the iPhones Settings > Privacy > Location Services
- Shown is a list of available vehicles ordered by nearest first and a search bar. You will also see if you are currently logged on to a vehicle
- To log on to a vehicle, find and select it from the list
- You will remain the active driver until:
- You press ‘Log off vehicle’ button
- Another driver logs on to the same vehicle