Knowledge base > Installation guides > ABAX GT107 - Machines and equipment
Download EU Declaration of Conformity
ABAX GT107 tracking unit
The ABAX GT107 is a flexible tracking unit for your powered machinery. It is designed for easy two or three wire installation, where the yellow wire can be used for usage logging. The unit contains an antenna within the case, a red positive and a black negative contact point. The unit requires power from a constant power source, and will give you new positions every 30 seconds when powered.
ABAX GT107 techincal specification:
- Dimension: 90x44x18mm
- Weight: 70g
- Supply voltage: 9V to 30V DC, Typical 12V-24V
- GPS accuracy: 2,5 meter
- Temperature resistant: (-20°C to +70°C)
- Sensors: Accelerometer
- GNSS antenna
- Easy installation
GPS and GSM signal strength
GPS and GSM signals are impaired by metal. Therefore the unit should not be installed in a position where the metallic body of the vehicle can interfere with signal strength.
To operate effectively, the unit requires a constant line of sight to connect to GPS satellites. The unit will work effectively when concealed under non-metallic materials such as plastic or glass, but efforts must be made to ensure metallic surfaces do not cover or interfere with the unit and affect signal strength.
ABAX GT107 can be installed in all types of machinery with two or three wire installation. The logo/sticker shows what direction the unit should be mounted for best GPS and GSM accuracy.
- Use the cleansing wipe to clean the area where you have decided to mount your ABAX GT107 unit.
- Remove the tape backing and mount the unit firmly.
- Feed the cable to the battery. Make sure that the cable does not get pinched.
- Remove the protection from the battery pole terminals.
- Fasten the black wire to the existing factory ground point or negative vehicle battery terminal and the red wire to the positive vehicle battery terminal. Ensure the terminals are firmly refastened.
- Usage logging only: Connect the yellow wire to the power source that is only active when the machinery or engine is running. Use a multimeter if you are unsure of which power source is the correct one.
- The ABAX unit is now ready. Use strips to fasten the cable to make sure it is not in contact with any hot surfaces or movable parts.
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure the unit is mounted correctly. ABAX will not cover the costs to replace or swap a unit that is faulty due to an incorrect installation. Failure to mount the unit according to ABAX guidelines may also void your lifetime warranty.
Watch this installation video on vehicle for more information. This installation is very similar to that of some machinery, for example wheel loaders.
Specifications for installation
|Estimated installation time||10 minutes|
|Required tools||Flat head screwdriver, 10mm and 13mm socket drive|
|Red wire||For permanent power|
|Black wire||For ground (earth)|
|Yellow wire:||Usage log|