Choose And Buy The Right Vehicle Tracking Device
Before purchasing a vehicle tracking system for a fleet of vehicles, it is important to define what the specific requirements are of the organisation and compare which vehicle tracking suppliers are able to meet the required criteria.
1. Differences In Vehicle Tracking Subscriptions
The differences between contracts should be considered. Signing a contract is a long-term commitment, therefore it is vital that the contract that you sign is the correct one for you.
The first thing to consider is the duration of the contract - is it 12, 24 or 36 months?
The next thing to consider is the termination of the contract - do you need to buy yourself out of the contract to get out of it prior to the end date of the contract? Or are you stuck in the contract until the end?
- When the contract period ends after the duration of time that you signed for, will it renew automatically without being notified or should a new contract be signed for the vehicle tracking to continue?
2. Hidden Costs
It is also important to consider what the price of the product includes, before purchasing - you don't want any secret costs creeping up on you throughout your contract.
- Are there costs involved for installing the products? And also de-installing when you are switching units or removing them? These costs certainly add up! If the unit breaks during the contract period, will you have to pay to replace it?
Bare in mind, cheap vehicle trackers aren't necessarily going to be the best vehicle trackers!
3. Add-ons For Vehicle Tracking
It is important that consider the add-ons that you could add to the solution to make your fleet of vehicles run more smoothly and streamline your business, and whether these add-ons come as a standard package elsewhere, for example: Driver Behaviour.
It is also important to consider the differences within the warranty policies between different suppliers of vehicle tracking.
- Is there a chance of hidden unexpected costs?
6. GPS Vehicle Tracking Without Monthly Fees
We don't offer free GPS tracking, but we certainly offer the best vehicle tracking on the market. Let us show you with a free demonstration!
ABAX Vehicle Tracking
ABAX Triplog is a GPS-powered vehicle tracking and mileage claim system, for everyone who uses a vehicle at work. With ABAX Triplog you get the visibility required to control and reduce vehicle fuel costs, improve efficiency, and automate mileage records and time sheets. All ABAX units are robust and water-resistant, with a lifetime warranty.