ABAX FMM230 tracking unit
The ABAX FMM230 tracking unit is designed for an easy two wire installation with a yellow wire for usage log. The standard unit contains an antenna within the black, compact case, a red positive and a black, negative contact point, and a 1.5 meters log cable. The unit requires power from a constant 12V or 24V power source, such as the vehicle battery, or for example, the fuse box.
ABAX FMM230 techincal specification:
- Dimension: 70.5x67x25.6mm
- Weight: <55g
- Supply voltage: 10 to 30 V DC
- GPS accuracy: 2,5 meter
- Temperature resistant: (-20°C to +85°C)
- Sensors: Accelerometer
- GNSS antenna
- Easy installation
GPS and GSM signal strength
GPS and GSM signals are impaired by metal. Therefore the unit should not be installed in a position where the metallic body of the vehicle can interfere with signal strength.
To operate effectively, the unit requires a constant line of sight to connect to GPS satellites. The unit will work effectively when concealed under non-metallic materials such as plastic or glass, but efforts must be made to ensure metallic surfaces do not cover or interfere with the unit and affect signal strength.
ABAX FMM230 can be installed in all types of machinery with two or three wire (for usage log) installation. The logo shows what direction the unit should be mounted for best GPS and GSM accuracy.
- Use the cleansing wipe to clean the area where you have decided to mount your ABAX FMM230 unit.
- Remove the tape backing and mount the unit firmly.
- Feed the cable to the battery. Make sure that the cable does not get pinched.
- Remove the protection from the battery pole terminals.
- Connect the red wire to the positive battery terminal. Connect the black wire to the negative battery terminal. Make sure that the nuts are properly tightened.
- Usage logging only: connect the yellow wire to the power source that is only active when the machinery or engine is running. Use a multimeter if you are unsure of which power source is the correct one.
- The ABAX unit is now ready. Use strips to fasten the cable to make sure it is not in contact with any hot surfaces or movable parts.
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure the unit is mounted correctly. ABAX will not cover the costs to replace or swap a unit that is faulty due to an incorrect installation. Failure to mount the unit according to ABAX guidelines may also void your lifetime warranty.
Watch this installation video for vehicle for more information. This installation is very similar to that of some machinery, for example wheel loaders.
Specifications for installation
|Estimated installation time||10 minutes|
|Required tools||Flat head screwdriver, 10mm and 13mm socket drive|
|Red wire||For permanent power|
|Black wire||For ground (earth)|
|Yellow wire:||Usage log|